nominated Western Care Lodge as their charity of choice for Australia & New Zealand Babywearing Week.
Western Care Lodge (formerly CareWest Lodge) was commissioned in September 2011 and is the major project of Cancer Care Western NSW.
The aims of this charity organisation are to:
- Lobby for radiotherapy services through government.
- Raise funds for on site accomodation for patients.
- Provide scholarships for local students to train in radiation therapy and oncology training.
In September 2011:
- Radiotherapy Services have been achieved,
- Stage 1 of the accommodation has been achieved,
- Stage 2 fundraising has begun.
Stage 1 has been completed and provides fourteen ensuite bedrooms, each with its own small balcony room, including a manager’s room, a communal, state-of-the-art service area kitchen, communal living area, library and office are also provided.
Stage 2 Will cost a further $900,000 to build. The second stage will include a further 8 ensuite bedrooms.